These steps are intended for users on the newest platform. If you are on the legacy platform (Asterisk) please contact our support team.
If you have already downloaded this third party application and would like to provision this app to one of your existing users please see below.
If you need to download the free application please visit X-Lite's website HERE
Please note that the provisioning details can be found on your admin portal (cp.activepbx.com). For more details please contact our support team at 786-718-1820 option 1, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Once X-Lite is downloaded follow the next steps:
1. Go to Account Preferences or Account Settings from the X-Lite Application:
2. Add Account
3. Fill out the following only under Account/General tab:
- Account Name: same as domain name (This can be provided by support or in the admin portal)
- Check mark Call and IM presence
- User ID: softphone extension (This can be provided by support or in the admin portal)
- Domain: same as domain name (This can be provided by support or in the admin portal)
- Password: softphone password (This can be provided by support or in the admin portal)
- Display Name: Type your full name (This is for your outgoing Internal Caller ID)
Example below from cp.activepbx.com (Users > Phone Tab)
4. Under Domain Proxy
- Click on Proxy and type in the address:
mia1-snap1.activepbx.com:5092 (If you are on the East Coast of US)
slc1-snap1.activepbx.com:5092 (If you are on the West Coast of US)
For other locations please contact support.
5. Click on Voicemail Tab, under VM Number: 5001 (Number to dial for checking Voicemail).
Save your changes, and once completed you are ready to use your desktop softphone.
Additional Information for Asterisk Users ONLY:
Each Domain is under a different Host/Server. If you are under a Legacy/Asterisk platform, and know which host/server your domain falls under, please see below:
PBXHOST01 – 126.96.36.199
PBXHOST02 – 188.8.131.52
PBXHOST03 – 184.108.40.206
PBXHOST04 – 220.127.116.11
PBXHOST05 – 18.104.22.168
PBXHOST06 – 22.214.171.124
The IP address next to your corresponding host/server will replace the Proxy address to provision your X-Lite application.